Social Welfare and Sustainabiliy Policy and Initiatives
Economic, social and environmental sustainability is a primary goal at Mittagong Veterinary Hospital. We have thoughtfully committed to a series of methods and practices which support our sustainability strategy for 2021 and beyond.
At our hospital we are committed to waste reduction - by actively diverting waste from landfill where possible; We incorporate technology in communications to reduce our paper wastage; We are involved in local, national and global initiatives which align with our sustainability ethos; We actively support Positive Development schemes which give back to society through social, economic and environmental ways. Our sustainability ethos aims to help the world become healthier, stronger and more resilient, for future generations.
Here are some of the ways we are actively participating to our sustainability strategy (and there will be more!) - via activity and proportional donation of our fees:
- Waste Reduction scheme through the Resource Recovery Centre Wingecarribee Shire Council.
- Minimise paper wastage by utilising technology in our client messaging communications.
- Supporting Positive Development Schemes supporting economic, social and environmental sustainability, locally, nationally and globally;
- FOWAS (Friends of the Wingecarribee Animal Shelter)
- AMRRIC (Animal Management in Remote and Rural Communities of Australia)
- ACON (supports those with HIV/AIDs)
- WIRES Wildlife Rescue
- HART (Himalayan Animal Rescue Trust in Nepal)
- Vets Beyond Borders (Australian vet aid local and global)
- See our separate page which details our co-operation with Royal Canin and TerraCycle. We are a collection hub to allow you to be part of recycling of pet food plastic packaging. How good is that?!
Click on the graphics below to be taken to our supported groups.