The following websites are recommended for further reading:
Australian Animal Poisons Hotline
The Australian Animal Poisons Helpline is a non-profit charitable organisation that provides rapid, up-to-date and evidence-based poisoning advice to pet owners.
The service is FREE for all pet owners in Australia and New Zealand and aims to reduce the morbidity and mortality that is associated with animal poisonings by:
- Providing rapid and up-to date poisoning first-aid, triage and treatment advice to pet owners
- Increasing public awareness of products that are poisonous to animals
- Engaging in poison prevention and community outreach programs
- Reporting to and collaborating with regulatory, government and professional bodies
- Participating in ongoing animal toxicology research
Phone 1300 869 738
Cornell Feline Health Center
Articles, brochures, and videos about cat health and behavior.
Pet Health Network
Comprehensive professional advice on pet care, including checkups, treatments, and diseases.
Pets and Parasites
Recommendations for the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and control of parasitic infections.
PubMed: Veterinary Search
PubMed search filtered to veterinary subject resources.
VCA Hospitals: Know Your Pet
Library of in-depth articles covering dog and cat conditions, procedures, and medications.
Source of in-depth clinical articles on pet care for veterinarian professionals and students.
Expert advice on dog and cat care, health issues, and training.