Paralysis Ticks - Southern Highlands and Beyond
Did you know that parasitic ticks are their most toxic at the start of the 'season' - being the beginning of Spring? (Late August to early September). The season runs through to Autumn, so protecting your pet year round is the best prevention from a potentially fatal tick bite.
Tick paralysis is a potentially fatal condition, brought on by the toxin of a paralysis tick (Ixodes holocyclus). The tick toxin affects a dog's nervous system, very quickly deteriorating to severe impairment and potentially death.
Please contact your nearest vet immediately if you think your dog has been bitten by a paralysis tick and/or you see these signs in your pet.
SASH -SMALL ANIMAL SPECIALIST HOSPITAL July 2021
NexGard- Boehringer Ingleheim